Sunday, April 19, 2015

LA River Clean Up!



Hello my name is Joceline Alvarado. On Saturday April 18,2015 I attended the 26th Annual Friends of the LA River Clean Up (FOLAR). When I got there I saw a lot of people in groups and I was kinda  lost because I didn't have a group or anything but after I made new friends and that was what it was all about. This was my very first time going to the LA river but I have done similar things of cleaning up the environment. Cleaning up the LA River was insane I found plenty of things I would think like why are they here. One thing me and my new buddies found was a huge heavy rug and I thought why is this even here and how did it even get there. I also found a lot of metal like a spoon and other kinds of metals. I actually thought the LA river didn't have nature at all. I thought it was dry like a lot of people would say. But we were all wrong well I was wrong because there is water and there is plenty of nature. Obviously the water is not that clean as we expected but at least we have water. I also found something very interesting a purple flower. I found it weird how there was a lot of rocks and bushes and trees but I just saw that one flower and it was beautiful as you can see above. The weather was crazy on Saturday it was really hot but that didn't make us stop to clean and help the environment  we kept cleaning. I had a lot of fun and made new friends which is great. If you guys have the chance you should really help the environment like in the book the Lorax we don't really think about how bad the environment can get we just care for ourselves like the Onceler is doing is ruining the enviroment and caring for himself and the Lorax is running everyone away because they are all dying and have no reason to be there anymore. We should all change and help the enviroment whatever way possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment