Monday, April 20, 2015

LA River Clean-Up

Hi my name is Manuela Benavides. On Saturday April 18, 2015 my English 101 class and I attended the L.A. River clean up. When my professor first mentioned this event to us the first thing that came to my mind was "There is a river in L.A.?" I had no idea LA had a river till now. Who knew that the L.A. river was so near to were I live. When I first seen the river I was sad to see how some place so wonderful could be filled with so many trash. As I started to pick up trash I saw half of the river was dry and was filled with many types of trash. There I found plastic trash bags, bottles, a gym bag, carpets, a piece of a car bumper, chip wrappers and etc.. It sad to see how all this trash ends up in the river. I also expected to see more animals living in the river but there really wasn't besides ducks and some type of small birds, that  have never seen before. but other than that I had such a great experience is helping out in keeping our river a cleaner place. Even though the water isn't so clean it still had a beautiful view. the river was filled with trees which reminded me of the trees in a swamp. but what I notice was how some trees were wrapped with plastic bag that were really stuck on them. Now that I know were the river is I cant wait to take my family to see how the river looks. I was excited to see how much trash was picked up at the end and how it made a big difference in the appearance of the river. This made me realize how good it feels to help out our environment.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment