Monday, April 20, 2015

L.A. River Clean Up

Hello, my name is Nghi(Vicky) Quach. On Saturday, April 18, 2015 I had the honor to attend the "L.A. River" with my English 101 classmates. On that morning, I had a great experience with my English 101 class. To be honest, this is my first time that I went to the L.A. River. Before I arrived there, I was really excited to see how the river looks like. However,  the things that I saw there was not as wonderful as I thought it would be. I saw a lot of tree fell down to the ground with a lot of plastic bags, bag of chips, some papers, and some can too. I think the place could be very pretty, but all the trash around the river made the place look dirty. In addition, there was trash in the river as well. I felt really bad for some ducks that are living in the river because the river is their home, but it is covered with trash in it. Some ducks might think those trash as food and eat it. It can make them feel sick. On the side walks, there were a lot of glasses and it was really dangerous to walk there. On the other hand, I think that the Annual Friends of the LA River (FOLAR) is a great event that we all can help to clean up the river and to encourage more visitors to come out to the river. Looking at how people were working hard together to clean up the river, I felt really happy, exciting, and appreciated because these people are good people that volunteered to help save not just the river, but also the environment. Now that the river is cleaner than before and the ducks can live happily, people can ride their bikes and run around the river without seeing any trash. They can now see a beautiful river and breath in fresh air. If there is another program like this next year, I would join and would like to help out this meaningful program again.

No comments:

Post a Comment