Saturday, April 18, 2015

LA River CLean Up: Helping The Environment

Hello everyone, my name is Manuel Velazquez. This Saturday, I spent my morning helping the environment by attending a LA River Clean Up for my English 101 class. It was a great experience for me to have helped clean up our LA River. My partner Andy, and I collected lots of trash. We collected glass bottles, plastic plates, and many other things. I knew that the LA River was dirty to the stories I had heard previously. Seeing it for myself was a whole other experience. There was much more trash than I had expected there to be at the river. While cleaning the river, I saw two students carrying a trashed car seat! Despite all the trash there was, some areas of the river had beautiful views. The view, and sound of the river helped me think, and unwind. I personally like the sound of nature, its something very beautiful. It was a great experience to help make our LA River cleaner. It's not something I get to do often, which is what made today a very special day.

No comments:

Post a Comment