Sunday, April 19, 2015

Hi my name is Alex Juarez and today was a good experience because it's something not most of us kids do on a Saturday. I was actually looking forward to this trip because i knew I would feel good being able to clean the la river, which I've been living around my whole life. When I first started thinking about the LA river, I thought it was just a river that brought our dirty water to the ocean. Now I know that it's a river that was meant for nature and us humans. The river is good for nature because if there was clean water in the river all the time, birds can live there and the water can help us to either drink it or to help our drought. There are many reasons why it's important to clean and I think this is a good first step for people like me who hasn't done much with the environment. If I had an opportunity to do this again I would love too. I was able to really see what the la river has and it reminds me of the mountain rivers that me and my family would go to to swim but this water is really low and seems more dirty, it has a lot of rocks and trees. Some trees look nice because there green, but others are ruined by the trash that has taken over most of the plants. Everyone that cleaned today helped some of the water and plants be more healthier. Today was a good exsperiance and I learned a lot. 


No comments:

Post a Comment