Monday, April 20, 2015

LA River Clean-up

Hello my name is Luis Gonzalez and on April 18, 2015 my English 101 and I were part of an organization to help clean up the LA River. I arrived at the place around 8:40 and there were several groups around that area. I really had no clue if anyone from those groups were in my class because barely knew anyone from my class. Then I noticed someone familiar from my class and it was Thien. I didn't know him that well, but at least I had someone in my group to work with. I had no idea what I was expected to find cleaning up the river. The first 10 minutes of cleaning my friend found a full set of clothes and I have found a full car rim which I wasn't expecting to find. Thien and I decided to see the river from up close, we saw a couple of duck swimming in the river and when we got closer to the water all i can smell was saltwater mixed with chemicals which was unpleasant. Another hour of searching my friend and I found a Target shopping which was a pain to carry up the diagonal wall. Overall I had a great experience cleaning up the LA River and I actually plan to go there next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment