Monday, April 20, 2015

L.A. River Clean-Up

Hi my name is Jenny Ngo. On Saturday April 18, 2015, I had the chance to volunteer with some of my classmates in my English 101 class. At first I thought this would be a long and boring event, but it turns out to be very interesting! Throughout the day, I found some interesting trash that wondered into the L.A. River. I saw some people picking up blankets, pillows, shopping carts, duffel bags, carpets and of course empty snacks bag and bottles. Those are things I never thought I would find at the river. I was expecting clear water, some wildlife animals like birds, fishes, and maybe some squirrels or something. Although almost none of wildlife lives there, I did get a chance to see some interesting birds. Birds I have never seen before! It makes me wonder how do they live at the dirty L.A. River. I am really glad I got a chance to participate at this event because cleaning up the river actually made me feel like we took a step into cleaning our planet. Therefore, cleaning our planet leads to clean water, and clean water leads to a healthy and clean environment. I'm hoping that next year I'll remember to participate and make more wonderful changes for the planet!

No comments:

Post a Comment