Wednesday, September 21, 2016

HEAL THE BAY


Hello my name is Marcos Maravilla, I’m a freshman at Cal State LA. I’m in Engl 1005a with Professor Ximena Hernandez. I participated in Heal the Bay event at Santa Monica Beach on Saturday September 17. I was personally excited to participate in this event, since I’ve been wanting to give back in this way. So my Saturday morning was not ruined in anyway.
The presentations that were given in class about plastic, made me see how bad plastic really was even though we use it for about almost everything. The knowledge learned from class made me determined to pick up as much plastic as I could, but unfortunately I picked up a lot more cigarette butts than plastic. Just by looking at the beach you can not tell that there is trash, but when you go out to an event like Heal the Bay you notice all the garbage. I feel disgusted by the amount of trash that was at the beach, and it shows what we as humans have done not mentioning the pollution in the ocean. This activity made see the importance in the way we get rid of our trash, and the need of improvement and change as a community. This was a great experience and I am looking forward to the LA River clean up next semester.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment