Sunday, September 18, 2016


My name is Diana Barcenas I attend California State University Of Los Angeles and I am currently in an English 1005A which helps me improve my writing skills and improve my reading. I have helped out before in my community with an Aquaponic Farm located near a high school called Katella High. I had to paint the logs that held up the soil and vegetables and fruits. Also I evened out the dirt where the boxes of soil were going to be placed. This time I went to Santa Monica pier to clean up the beach. It was such a great experience for me because it was my first time cleaning up a beach as well as visiting Santa Monica. It is such a beautiful place and I am glad I helped to keep it clean. It is something really important to do because it is our planet we need to help and keep it clean not make it dirty and impossible to live at. What I was shocked in finding were cigarette buds, I thought people are prohibited to smoke at the beach yet they still do it. In total I found one hundred and fifteen cigarette buds, which is really mindblowing, I was thinking about how many more there is at the beach, there must be millions of them. It is just important to remind people about keeping our community and world a clean and safe place at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment