Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Beach Clean Up at Dockweiler Beach

Hello, my name is Joshua Moreno from Ximena Hernandez class, English 95. 


I had gone to Dockweiler Beach on Sunday to help my school and classmates clean up a beach. When I arrived I had arrived with Pinman (Frieda) Zhang. We were slightly lost at first but were redirected by a beach worker at a parking lot. he directed us to my teacher and then proceeded to the instructions we were given. I was pared up with Frieda and Angela who had also recently arrived when we got there. We set off to pick up all the trash we saw. We mostly picked up small trash but it would eventually build up to a big quantity of trash filled with mostly cigarette buds and plastic wrappers and bottle caps. There was a point were we had stumbled upon somewhat of a rocky walk way. I walked up the rock way (As you can see in the picture above) and tired to pick up some trash but got slightly scared because the rocks were too slippery to even stand on for long. We would walk around a little more picking up trash while still admiring the beach and thinking to my self "You know, we are really actually making a difference because actually picking up one cigarette bud can actually save an animals life who might mistake it for food". Overall I enjoyed my trip to the beach and actually won't mind coming back here again.

No comments:

Post a Comment