Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hello guys my name is Arturo Gutierrez and I am a student of Ms. Hernandez. On Sunday morning we visited Dockweiler Beach to do some clean up with Heal the Bay. Even though it was very hard to find the Dockweiler Beach I got there on time. The beach looked really nice in the morning it was really cloudy. I was so glad that it was not sunny. After waiting for students to show up we started to clean. My friends and I got a bag and latex gloves. We did a really good job because we pick up a lot of trash. I began to think on why people are so lazy because I notice that there were a lot of garbage cans. We picked up plastic bags, foam plates and cups, balloons, cans, plastic bottles, glow sticks, straws, socks, and a lot of pieces of foam. Our group was really quick we filled up our bag really fast. After the cleaning everyone gathered around and our teachers made us share something interesting that we found. There was a group that found fish lines and there was also another group that found a big foam box. Our teachers explained that by picking up the foam box we saved a lot of birds and fishes. Birds such as seagulls and other sea birds sometimes confuse the pieces of foam with bread and come down and eat the foam and die. Cleaning the beach turned out to be actually super fun. It felt good knowing that we did something good. We cleaned the beach and saved a lot of fishes and birds. Let me just say I want to this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment