Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Hi, my name is Daisy Calzada, and on October 20th 2013, I participated in a heal the bay cleanup at Dock Weiler Beach. It was a great experience. Being able to be part of a change, and helping all the animals that live by the ocean, and even ourselves. It was just sad to see that the beach provides itself with so many trash cans but yet us humans are lazy to dispose of the trash properly. It just made me realize how little we care about our nature. We have to learn how to clean up after ourselves and not just expect that volunteers would do it for us all the time. Most of the trash me and my group found came from the hills near the road. Believe it or not all that trash people throw out the windows of their car, or toss on the floor while walking, or even accidentally drop trash but is too lazy to pick it up, ends up at the beach. So even if you don't liter the beach you are still causing trash because the trash out in the streets is carried to the beach. While walking on the side of the road my group and I found like a hole that contained all sorts of garbage, we were disappointed that we couldn't clean it out, because maybe someday all that trash would end up on the beach as well. I believe this was a great and experience and I wouldn't mind to do volunteer work once again, it feels nice to be part of a change even if it's a minor change.

No comments:

Post a Comment