Thursday, October 24, 2013

Dockweiler Beach Clean Up

Hello my name is Kimberly Escobar and I'm in Professor Jenny Hick's English 95 class. I had the opportunity like many other CSULA students to participate in the Heal the Bay program to help clean Dockweiler Beach. It was my first time there and it will definitely not be the last time I go there. I have always gone to Santa Monica Beach or Venice Beach, which I think is nothing compared to this beach. Dockweiler Beach isn’t as trashed as the other two beaches are and everything there is just calm and beautiful. I'm really glad I went, because I met some new friends that were really nice and friendly when I was lost. Since we parked in the wrong parking lot we had to walk a long distance to where the event was being held. We were given plastic bags, gloves, and a paper with a checklist to check the objects we would find. In our way we began to pick up the trash we would find such as cigarettes buds, beer caps, diapers, plastic bottles, Styrofoam, a plastic shovel, candy wrappers, chip bags, etc. Although this may seem like a lot I didn't consider it as much as the other two beaches I mentioned. I'm really happy that we got as much trash as possible from getting into the ocean to save the animals. We made a huge difference to our environment and this experience overall was just great and I would definitely want to relive it again.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment