Monday, October 21, 2013

Dockweiler Beach Clean Up

Yooo, I'm Claudia! (the one holding the bag) I am currently a freshman in Ms. Hernandez's English class. This past Sunday we went out to Dockweiler Beach to clean up the bay from 9am-11am. This event was hosted by Heal The Bay. I honestly thought that this beach was going to be super dirty but it wasn't too bad. It was actually pretty clean, though my group and I did find interesting trash. We found socks, beer bottles, glow sticks, foam plates, and of course cigarette buds, and many more. While we cleaned up the bay we were able to enjoy each others company and spark up interesting conversations. We even made a new friend from another class. This field trip allowed us to make a difference in our community as well as making fun memories with classmates.

No comments:

Post a Comment