Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Heal The Bay

Hello! My name is Heidi Cubillos and I am from Professor Hicks class. on October 24, I had the opportunity to be able to participate in heal the bay to clean up the Dock Weiler beach that csula adopted. This was my first time ever participating in something like this. Although I was sleepy, it was fun but at the same time it made me realize a lot. With the group I was with, we found a lot of trash and I was shocked at some things we found. We found cigarette buds, bottle caps, candy/chocolate wrappers, band aids, a bunch of tissue paper and plastic. The most weirdest thing, to me, that we found was a dryer sheet. How in the world did THAT get there? I can only imagine. As time passed by I didn't notice that our trash big was about half full. This made me realize that the smallest things are what make up the biggest mess. I also noticed that the majority of trash we found was near the trash bins that are on the beach. I guess that just goes to show that people are lazy to pick up something that didn't make it into the trash bin; which is sad. It shows that we don't consider the lives of the creatures that live on that beach and the ocean. I'm glad I got to help out and do my part in keeping the beach clean because even if it was just for an hour of cleaning, it can still make a difference in helping the beach be a bit cleaner not just for us (because it really isn't for us) but for the living animals because it is there home.

No comments:

Post a Comment