Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Beach Clean Up


Hello my name is Erick Castillo and I am part of X Hernandez English 95 class from CSULA. I was able to visit Dockweiler beach on sunday morning with my friends from Summer Bridge. Each of us were assigned a trash bag with plastic gloves so we wouldn't get our hands dirty. When we started walking around the beach, we fond pieces of trash just lying around the beach. We found cigarettes, paper plates, diapers, empty soda cans, napkins, and burnt wood. My trash bag was almost full and a disgusting odor was coming out of the trash bag, that made me sick to my stomach. At the end of the clean up, i realized it is important that we take care of our mess instead of just leaving our trash lying around waiting for someone to pick up it. I really enjoyed the beach clean up and hope more people would get involved in because it is a fun experience and makes you realize that we need to take care of our planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment