Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Dockweiler Beach Clean Up

Hello, 
My name is Hayblu Htee and I am a student from Mrs. Ximena Hernandez class. From the picture, I am the one in the middle next to my friend Nancy with the white sweater. On October 20, 2013, the whole entire class had a field trip to Dockweiler for beach cleanup. Before the cleanup day, I researched the place to obtain knowledge of how the place perform in order knows what to except form it. According to my researches the place looked acceptable and clean but when I finally get to the destination, there were feathers everywhere. I did not except there will so many feathers on the sand and plastic bags on the hill side. My teammate and I collected so much plastic bags because we actually departed from the beach and went to the hill side where no other team goes. First, we were not accepting that there will be many trashes around the hill side because not many people go there. But, there were many Hot Cheetos bags and other plastic bags under the brushed. It was a pleasure to clean that area up because we saw seagulls eating plastic bags. I felt like it was the biggest thing I even down to help save the environmental because plastic are not food. I have no idea of how many seagulls were starve by having plastic because they cannot figure out what they were eating. They thought they were eating foods but they were actually swallowing trash into their system. By removing trash away from them is the easier thing that anyone can do in order to protect them from starvation. Cleaning up the beach was fun for me because I get to meet and to interact with more people form my class. It was also my first college field trip and it will always be rememberable to me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment