Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Beach Clean Up


Hello my name is Arturo Ceja. I'm currently enrolled in Professor Jennifer Hicks English 95 class. On October 20, 2013 we went to Dockwieler Beach for a service learning assignment, which consisted of us volunteering with Heal The Bay to clean the beach. As I was arriving to the beach I was confused with all the commotion that was going on with the bikers. As I walked from the parking lot to where we all met  I didn’t really pay attention to the trash. When we were assigned a bag and gloves I thought this is a big bad, I didn’t notice any trash, as me and my partner began to walk threw the beach I began to realize that the beach was full of trash. We filled up our bag completely not only us but other groups around us too. It was a fun experience and it felt good knowing that we saved a lot of fishes and other animals that live in the beaches lives. I would not mind volunteering with Heal The Bay again and doing the environment a favor.

No comments:

Post a Comment