Tuesday, October 22, 2013



Hi everyone, my name is Katherine enrolled in Jenny Hick's English class in CSULA. Recently, our class had a field trip to Dockweiler beach to help the environment by cleaning the area as much as we can. I was really looking forward to putting some effort to heal the environment, even if it meant to get up really early on a Sunday morning. Once I got to the beach, I noticed that it wasn't crowded, just a few joggers and the morning mist covered the sky. The short waves and the distant ocean view was definitely a scenic outlook that was worth taking a picture. This beach was far from the over-populated areas of L.A. which meant, less litter. Our cleanup has begun and I almost felt like a hero being able to reduce the amount of deadly trash being sucked into the ocean. I thought to myself, for every piece of trash we picked up, another life is saved. My group alone may not have filled up 2 or more bags of trash, but in the end, a little goes a long way and I believe we've made a difference the innocent wildlife in our Pacific.

No comments:

Post a Comment